Silverstones, and an STC-63 follow-up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Silverstones, and an STC-63 follow-up
From: Nicholas Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:52:44 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Nick Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Hi listers
  I just noticed that somebody is selling three American Racing 8-spoke wheels
(Silverstones) on Ebay.  They are the smaller ones (Spitfire/GT6 etc) with the
3.75" bolt pattern, and they're aluminum instead of magnesium (so no
spontaneous combustion risk).  ;)
  NFI, just wanted to spread the word.  The auction closes Wednesday, and there
are no bids yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438949390

  P.S. I checked the List archives, and the STC tag issue has come up several
times before.  Depending on who you ask, it means "Standard Triumph Co" (but
one lister had an STC-tagged Messerschmitt), "Sold To Customer" (my favorite),
or "Supplemental Title Certificate."  The latter seems to be the most popular.

- Nick