Dec 25th and all that stuff - LBC content

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dec 25th and all that stuff - LBC content
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:17:06 -0000
Sorry if I'm ahead of the TV advertising - it's not my fault.
Truth to tell, I've had a phone call last night from someone in my local
Rotary Club (not a Rotarian myself) asking a special favour, well - two. The
first is if I'd be willing to compere a Victorian Street Fair in a sleepy
English country town during the run-up to the period of excess. I've accepted
that but will revert to it in a minute.
As we all know, there's a rather remarkable guy in a long red coat with a
white beard who spends a lot of time during December shouting Yo Ho Ho and
tickling ladies fancies with a bit of mistletoe. As I'm assured by the Head
Reindeer Keeper that said personage will be resting part of the herd for the
impending night of high speed travel, he'll be making a grand entrance into
the Town Square in my BigSix Triumph instead. Better make sure the anti-freeze
is doing its job otherwise Canley Girl will have a red nose from overheating -
but I digress.
ISTR over the last few Christmases that someone usually submits a statistical
report on The Sleigh's speed of travel, the number of drops made, the lakes of
whisky drunk by its driver and the tons of mince pies consumed while at the
bottom of umpteen million chimneys. Would anyone have archived such a post for
future reference? I've looked on the 'net - to no avail and would like a copy
to use when compering with the kids. Can anyone oblige - please?
Thanks

Jonmac