Re: TR6 Hood (bonnet) fitting TRicks?

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Steve Smith" <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Hood (bonnet) fitting TRicks?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:11:15 -0500
Phil Either,

> > Attempting to refit the hood on my TR6 and it wants to
> > go crooked.  What's the TRick for getting it straight?
>
> We had a really small guy in our bubba ring who would squish
> himself inside engine compartments to tighten hood bolts.

Well if you cannot kidnap one of Santa's midget helpers, I have had success
with aligning TR6 bonnets by reaching through the grill opening and
adjusting both sets of bolts on each hood hinge.  Of course you'll need to
remove the grille if you have one fitted, and also remove the radiator
shroud, and this should get you enough working room to get to the bolts on
the hinges.

Kai