Re: Steering nut?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering nut?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:43:59 -0000
Hi Tom
there is no lock washer on the steering wheel retaining nut, however the
common practise during production seems to have been a centre pop or two.
Effectively the nut is prevented from falling off by damaging the last turn
of thread, if the nut can't fall off the wheel can't fall off, might feel a
bit loose though!

Graham.