Re: TR6 hood fitting

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 hood fitting
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:48:59 -0500 tests=HTML_20_30,HTML_MESSAGE, USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=2.60 ns5.townisp.com
Steve,
    Loosen, move, tighten, repeat.
    On my car, it's a compromise between getting nice "shut lines" and having
the thing actually pop open when I pull the cable.
    I use masking tape accross joints to indicate how much things have moved.
I also wrap a loop of soft 1/4" poly rope around the bonnet about a foot
forward of the cowl.  That's my tool for when I close it all the way, and the
latch isn't lined up, so it won't pop by itself.  It's better than prying away
with a putty knife and rags.
    One more thing - the hinges use 4 screws each to mount to the bonnet.  Do
not use a long screw on the side hole.  You will dent your bonnet from the
inside out.  Ask me how I know.

-Rick
1973 Triumph TR6 CF2570U