GT6 cylinder head questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 cylinder head questions
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:50:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I am starting to clean up the ports on the head from my GT6 project car.  I
already knew that the
engine was a mixed bag of parts because it has an early Plus block (KD53420E),
one piston with a
part number that doesn't match the other 5 and 3 rods marked #4.  It is getting
new pistons and
will get balanced before it's assembled.  The head also seems to have come from
somewhere or
other.  My parts book shows that a Plus engine should have part number 517609
or 517610 head.
Mine is clearly marked 517528.  Can somebody tell me what it is?  Later GT6's
were supposed to
have heads with larger combustion chambers and used domed pistons.  My engine
has flat top
pistons and the combustion chambers don't seem to be much larger than on a MkI
head.  Could
this possibly be from a TR6 or TR250?

Also, what thickness should I mill the head to to end up with around 10:1
compression?  I will
be running headers and a Kent road cam and the car lives above 5000' so I can
get away with a
little extra compression.
Thanks,
Dave