Re: Jackie Stewart show on Speedvision

To: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Jackie Stewart show on Speedvision
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:09 -0500
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tom Di Iulio wrote:
> hey all,
>     i just wanted to alert you to a terrific 2-hour show on speedvision
> entitled, "Jackie Stewart, The Flying Scot". i'm not an F1 fan but this
> television biography is simply awesome, allowing you to look behind the scenes
> of the F1 circuit during the 60's-70's and the challenges these drivers faced.
>     the show is airing again this saturday at 7pm (mountain time) and on
> sunday as well. set your vcr's or watch it real time, i assure you it's better
> entertainment than most offerings from blockbuster. enjoy!
> Tom Di Iulio
> 76 TR6
> Denver, CO

Tom and the rest,

I had the pleasure of watching Jackie Stewart drive both F1 and Group 7
at Watkins Glen, Mosport and St. Jovite many times. I also saw my idle
at the time Jim Clark racing F1. Jim Clark was the best while he was
alive. If that Lotus F1 stayed together he finish 1st and Graham Hill
2nd. I believe that the Lotus F1 was the first to go with the Cosworth
V8 that Jackie used to win so many races.

During the biograpy Jackie talks alot about safety etc. It is a real
shame that the likes of Jim Clark, Dennis Hulme (sp), Pete Revson, and
all the rest lost their lives to auto racing. Jackie is convinced that
if the tracks, cars, emergency support were better, many of those who
died would be alive today.

Watching some of the crash footage, I think he was correct!

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V
1998 T-Bird T3