Which Shocks to choose (TR4)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which Shocks to choose (TR4)
From: "tom boggiano" <boggiano@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:50:47 -0500
Hi all

Well I started out to just change some bad wheel bearings and after pulling
the hub and doing some generic suspension cleaning I found that most of the
rubber components and seals so I have started rebuilding the front
suspensions. While I have it all apart it seems like the appropriate time to
replace renew the components such as the 20 plus year old shocks that have
turned to a rust color.

It seems that there are 3 main variety of choices to go with, the standard,
SPAX and Koni.  I don't autocross and it is mainly street/highway driving.
Premium shocks seems to run 2x the cost of standard.

What are the recommendations out there? Are the premium shocks worth the
cost?

Thanks

Tom