RE: TR4 rear axle questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 rear axle questions
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:13:48 -0800 (PST)
--- Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com> responded:

> > a) What is the rear track of a TR4?
> Sorry, don't have it handy, but thot I'd point out that the TR3 axle
> is 3" narrower.

I'd be replacing an early Morris Minor rear axle that had a track of
50.6" so something close to that is what would fit with standard offset
wheels.  I think I could go down as far as 49" with some wide wheels
and negative offset.

> > b) What rear end ratios were available?
> 3.7 was standard, 4.1 and 3.45 gear sets are/were available.

The 3.7 would be okay - not as much acceleration as my 3.89, but better
for cruising.

> > c) What was the diameter of the bolt circle?
> 4 on 4.5"

That'd work.

MDN - http://www.carcentric.com/1950MorrisMinor.htm <= my project

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree