Re: TR3 Wheel Spacers For Wire Wheel Conversion

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Wheel Spacers For Wire Wheel Conversion
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:48:33 -0700
Bill Brewer wrote:

>     Also, if I had to buy spacers, does anyone know a source in the USA?
>     No time to make a set.

Mine can be seen near the right hand edge of this pic to the right of
the tailpipe extension:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/parts-2.JPG

They are made from aluminum or some alloy and desgined to work with
various bolt circles.  I got them at a local wheel shop & would think
most wheel shops or hot rod shops would have something like this.  Even
some on eBay with a $19 buy it now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42614&item=2447368538

5/16 is a bit thicker than what I used (6 mm) but I think would still
leave threads beyond the nuts on a splined hub.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ