RE: Caribou Canvas Tops

To: "'Scott Suhring'" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>, "'Triumph Mail List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Caribou Canvas Tops
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:01:56 -0500
Cc: "6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
AA Best Co. supplies beautiful TR tops in vinyl, Stayfast Canvas, and my
favorite, Sonnedecke.
Their prices range from $209.00 for vinyl to $309.00 for Stayfast. The
Sonnedecke may be slightly higher. The mfg. Is Acme Headliner Co. in So.
CA.
Their website is:

http://shop.1usa.com/aabest/merchant.ihtml?pid=620&lastcatid=817&step=4

NFI, satisfied customer,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Len Drake informed me that the owner of Caribou Canvas may well be going
out of business (at least it appeared that way when Len dropped by to
try and resolve some financial matters with past purchases).  Does
anyone know who the original manufacture is for these tops or another
distributor?  I really was planning on going this way with my TR3
restoration but based on Len's advice, it would not be a wise financial
move to try and buy it through CC at this time.

TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6