Fwd: RE: Do we really need this? hBP0JFom027842

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Do we really need this? hBP0JFom027842
From: David Griffiths <daveg@online.no>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 01:17:24 +0100
Two things
1. A small contribution to this thread:
I stumbled over this url the other day:
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/trunnion-oil.html

2. Now I need help to get unconfused yet again. Regarding my TR3
(15005) and looking at the Bentley and Triumph manuals, the trunnion
is the threaded lower steering pivot, right, also called the steering
swivels. The Triumph handbook talks about lubricating this joint with
"3 - 4 strokes of a grease gun", and I thought this meant therefore
grease. This joint I had to jack the front wheel into the air to get
grease into, it wouldn't allow lubrication with the wheel down.

So - am I supposed to be putting oil in here and not grease?? If so
it would have been nice if these manuals had stated that.

Cheers,
dave

--
David Griffiths