Re:do we really need this

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:do we really need this
From: Frogeye9@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:11:56 EST
List,--I use grease in the front end of my Bugeye but the book says to use
oil for the steering rack. Yes, I have used the Quicksilver unit and it works
fine but another method I have used is as follows(cheaper too) Drill out the
check ball on a zerk grease fitting. Just put a small drill into the hole and
drill. The ball and spring will come out. Now, push a length of rubber tubing
over the end of a regular oil pump can, the kind with the trigger and spout.
Obviously, the other end goes over the zerk fitting. Pump away.When you are
through, you will need to cover over the zerk fitting with a cap. Use your
imagination but I go the Ace hardware and buy them there. They can be found in
those
yellow drawers where all the bolt/screws are.What they are really meant for is
to put over the ends of bolts when you build metal shelves so you do not hurt
yourself.----------later,Bob in KS