J-Type OD Speedo Drive OIL SEAL

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: J-Type OD Speedo Drive OIL SEAL
From: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:27:01 -0800 (PST)
List,

My recently overhauled J-Type OD unit started to leak oil around the
speedometer drive assembly.

I see in the TRF catalog that there is an o-ring around the speedometer drive
bearing.  I can get that locally.

There is also an oil seal in the speedo bearing.  Is this a special part that
has to be obtained from one of the Triumph suppliers, or do I stand a chance of
being able to order it at a local parts store?

Regards,

Chad
CF15486U(O)