Chrome - Final Word

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome - Final Word
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:31:28 -0500
As a professional jeweler, Larry makes a great point below.  Thanks, Larry,
for letting me post your offlist comments for the benefit of everyone who,
like me, didn't know much about this.

I'll be using Fred Thomas' method of dealing with polishing chrome
chemically.

Terry Smith

terry,  just one thing i do want to say , being a professional jeweler the
more mechanical pressure you apply the more you are going to remove(chrome).

Chroming is nothing more than a layer of processed  metal. the thickness is
only that thick and the more mechanical pressure applied the more one is going
to reduce the thickness of the chroming. the best way is that old fashiioned
elbow grease.   happy new year,  larry 1960 tr3-a