Re: Triumph Dolomite Sprint

To: "M D Nugent" <carcentric@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Dolomite Sprint
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 06:24:12 -0000
The axle used on standard Triumph Dolomites was based on the Morris Marina
(badged Austin Marina in the US) axle.  The differential units were all
interchangeable with various high and low ratios.  TR7 4 speed cars had an
axle based on the same unit whereas TR7 5 speed axles were entirely
different being based on the Rover SD1 unit.

Dolomite Sprint axles were different again.  The nearest match to the axle
being TR4.  When mounted on the Sprint it was a solid axle mounted on twin
'coil over shocker' springs.  As for ratios: any CWP from TR4, TR5, TR6 and
Triumph 2000/2500 saloons will fit the Sprint axle.

>From memory I recall the Sprint axle ratio being quite high at 3 point
something and the standard Sprint alloy wheels fitted standard Dolomites.
Therefore I would suggest the PCD is as Spitfire.

I hope the above info helps.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O
Wales, UK.