Re: Accident, paint match, insurance woes

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accident, paint match, insurance woes
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:18:17 EST
Gary...
Boy, can I sympathize. I got hit in the wheel well the day after Christmas in
a restaurant parking lot...but the driver just left. No note on
windshield..nothing. Tis the season eh? Worst part...brand new car. ARgggghhh
My insurance
company deemed it 'hit and run' so no premium penalty...just bucks out of my
pocket for the deductible!

Anyhow...did you ask what the entire repray (whole car) would cost? Maybe the
painter would be willing to compromise.....  Would the insurance company meet
you half way on that?

Matching paint seems to be a real crap shoot even with computers. The eye of
the beholder is the final approval. And, it always seems, no two eyes see the
same.

That said...if I like my car there is no way I would ever sell it over that
issue...

LM