Re: Brake Warning Light Connector

To: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Warning Light Connector
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:34:25 -0500
On 10 Jan 2004 at 9:01, John Mitchell wrote:

> Thanks Alvin,  Im sure your right, but kinda makes me nervous not
> having the warning light. > Alvin Watkins wrote:
> >I'll bet when you hook up the PDVA the warning light will stay on,

There is one more thing to consider.  I don't know how the TR6 is
wired but in my GT6 (and I've never bothered to check the Spitfire)
if you remove the brake bulb or if it burns out, the oil presure
warning light won't work either.  So if someone has a problem with
either brake switch that makes the light stay on, the quick fix is to
disconnect the switch.  On my Spitfire at least, the brake switch
would shift in its mounting hole (it was screwed onto the brake
handle) so that it would ground itself easily, making the light come
on.

Frankly, I'd worry more about oil pressure.  When the brakes fail
your right foot will let you know as readily as a light will.

Just my $.007.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com