RE: I'm didn't mean to do it (less and less LBC content)

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I'm didn't mean to do it (less and less LBC content)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:28:28 -0800
> On 10 Jan 2004 at 9:28, Randall Young wrote:
> > You haven't been keeping up with the news !  The latest thinking is
> > that global warming actually makes the weather colder ...

Jim Muller replied :

> Randall isn't being facetious.

I wasn't being facetious, but I must admit I find the entire "global
warming" argument to be amusing and not supported by the facts.  We still
have only the most rudimentary understanding of climate, and geological
evidence shows that there were already large swings before man even
discovered fire, let alone started burning any significant amount of fossil
fuels.  The evidence will just as well support the conclusion that we are
still recovering from the last 'little' ice age (which 'officially' ended
just 350 years ago).  Some evidence would even indicate we are overdue for
the next 'big' ice age  ... perhaps it's only our burning of fossil fuels
that has prevented it !

As long as we're already so far off-topic and everyone has hunkered down for
the winter (well, almost everyone <g>) ... I'd like to recommend Terry
Pratchett to anyone that enjoys dry British humor.  His books tend to be
aimed at teenage readers, definitely light reading (I keep one in the car to
read at long traffic lights), but have some great lines in them.  For
example, 'Hogfather' has :

"Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.  It made
you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on."

Randall