RE: Living History

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Living History
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:33:40 -0800
> I have two questions that will probebly sound dumb.  First, will I have to
> take out my clutch and brake master cylinders to rebuild them?

While it's not absolutely essential, I definitely recommend it.

> Second, and
> relating to the history post....has anyone ever tried to revive Standard
> Triumph?  Seems to me that there would be a market for a 2 seat
> convertable.

I believe the 'Triumph' name now belongs to BMW.  They have officially
denied any intention of reviving the marque ... which probably means they
are working on it.  And while I agree about the market being there, the
Mazda Miata/MX5 is going to be tough to compete with, and still make money
at it.

No idea who, if anyone, owns the 'Standard' name tho.

Randall