Re: TR250 Radiator is toast -- recore or new?

To: dmallin@attglobal.net (Don Malling), 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Radiator is toast -- recore or new?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:56:11 -0500
In a message dated 1/13/2004 3:36:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:

> I had my radiator cleaned and much to my surprise it is toast.

How so?

> Looks like a new one at TRF is about the same as a recore. Any reason to
> get a recore vs new? Anything special about radiators? This will be a
> sunny day 3000mi/year car no racing.

If the top and bottom tanks on your radiator are still good, chances are that a
recore will be as good or better than a new one...AND will cost less than a new
one (which, frankly, might not be of the same quality as the original).

--Andy Mace