Looking for a TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for a TR3
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:57:12 -0700
A 60 TR3A was my first car in college back in Ohio.  I now live in
Phoenix and am looking for a nice TR3 or TR3A to drive on weekends
and to work occasionally.  I would prefer not to spend more than
$10K.  I am not looking for an investment or a show car just a solid
"reliable" car that I tinker with, but does not need a rebuild.

I have an 84 edition of Illustrated Triumph Buyers Guide that I have
been rereading.  And I have a few questions that I was hoping someone
could help me with.

The Buyers Guide says the large mouth is more desirable, and I admit
I do like their looks a little more - but not significantly.  What is
the current thinking?

When did disc brakes become standard?

Any other significant differences between them?

Anybody know of a nice car for sale?

Thanks in advance....

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE