Ebay TR7 i0KDTnFG002904

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ebay TR7 i0KDTnFG002904
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:27:56 -0500
Those cylinder things are the ignition lock cylinder. The steering wheel is
from a 75 or 76 TR7. I had one on my 76. This leads me to suspect that the
steering rack may have been replaced. I have seen these stripes on one or two
occassions, like you said I think they are a dealer add on. I also agree that
the engine bay looks rough. Why should there be so much rust on the wheel well
inside the engine compartment? ( a fire perhaps?)  When I had mine some dust
would collect there but not water.

First, there is rust shown in several of the pictures, on the air
cleaner cover and along the bottom of the radiator and on the anti-sway
bar for example, but there does not appear to be any rust perforation on
the body panels shown. The yellow stripe along the side is not a factory
stripe, probably added by the original dealer or an owner. I've had
three TR7s, one '79 and two '80s, and none had the type of steering
wheel shown on the car. The front wheel dust covers are well battered
but that might not mean much beyond klutzy servicemen. The heat shield
that ran along the bottom of the exhaust pipe behind the catalytic
converter is missing. The engine bay looks a little rough for a car with
only ~52K miles. My last '80 had 159000 miles on it and its engine bay
looked much better, no rust on the air cleaner cover or any where else
in the engine bay! What are those cylindrical things hanging under the
dash? The passenger side carpet is missing.

By the way, the actual Triumph color name is vermilion. My last '80 TR7
was the same color but with a blue interior.

Might be worth $1500-1700 but be prepared for some work here and there.
If you buy it have the head checked for straightness since that is the
Achilles heel of the TR7 engine. Only by retorquing the head at the
recommended intervals can problems be averted. By following that advice
I never a head problem on any of my TR7s.

John T. Nichols
'58 TR#A TS32093L 'O"
'86 TVR 280i

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged
or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail in error or from
someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing or copying the e-mail.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS
MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank you for your cooperation.