wood

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: wood
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:32:49 EST
I put new plywood in my seat backs.  I used good quality plywood.  On the
first try I cut the plywood in strips the right width, and soaked them in the
bath tub over night.  I put them in, bowed across the tub after they became a
little playable and left them to soak.  I tried to install them only to find
that
it curves in two directions,, so I cut new ones in an arc,, and again soaked
them.  I think I got two good ones out of 4 as I got a little impatient at
waiting for them to soak long enough in the bath tub to the point that I could
bend them across the tub.  I let them dry clamped at the base of the passenger
seat back, then removed them and coated them well with marine varnish. I used
split rivets from the hardware store to install them onto the backs.
Kent Shrack TR3a rhd TS 78,000+