RE: Forwarded: There are no stupid questions....but....

To: <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Forwarded: There are no stupid questions....but....
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:12:51 -0800
> If by 'distance piece' you mean the shock absorber link... I think they
> all had these, though configured differently for the 4A shock.  My 4
> (close to yours in comm #: CT-36536) has a link that is visually similar
> to that on the TR3.

I don't think that's what he's talking about ... the solid axle 4A's did
have what amounted to a 5" (or so) spacer between the spring and the axle,
and a spring with much more arch than the nearly flat ones of the TR2-4.

However, my understanding is that the cut-off point was clean ... the rear
suspension on a solid axle 4A uses almost all different pieces than the 4
... even the axle housing is different.  I've been told that the high camber
springs won't fit the earlier TRs even with the distance piece, but haven't
tried it myself (yet).

Randall