re: There are no stupid questions....but..

To: wtrrtw@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: There are no stupid questions....but..
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:23:19 EST
McRuss,
Sounds like you have a normal late TR4 rear suspension to me. You have the
last major factory rear suspension upgrade. The aluminum blocks came with
'deep-dish' leaf springs and a minor frame change (connection point).
It's a good thing.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74   ...I have the same rear suspension
CT 22326L

I have a car that from the original commission number,CT36594, is a
'64 TR4.  But the rear suspension has me baffled.  It seems to be
partially TR4 and partially TR4A solid axle.  The difference is in the
method for attaching the shocks to the springs.  On the 4 (according
to everything I can see) the shock arm attaches to the 'plate' under
the spring whereas the 4A has a 'distance piece' between the spring
and the axle and the shock attaches to this piece.