Oil Filter head

To: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Subject: Oil Filter head
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:33:18 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i0TDbQ8A000924
Message text written by "Jeff Tedder"
>Another question for the list - I would like to disassemble and bead
blast the oil filter head housing to clean it up before I put it back on
my new engine.  I am unsure of how to deal with the relief valve body,
however.  I want to remove it before blasting to ensure that nothing
ends up with glass on it in the oil system that I can't clean it out
adequately, but as I have never adjusted this when my car was running, I
am unsure if the current adjustment is correct.  Any thoughts from
anyone about this part?  It looks like it can be removed easily enough
without touching the adjustment screw?
<

I can't help with details but just a word of caution: if you cant remove
absolutely everything, don't bead blast.  A friend of mine got the
opportunity to rebuild his engine again as a result of media in the oil
system.

You might consider a wire wheel instead.

Dave (cosmetics are nice but not paramount)