RE: Help TR3A-Rear Body Seal for Hardtop

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help TR3A-Rear Body Seal for Hardtop
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:19:18 -0000
> From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]
>
> There is a seal that resides below the backlight and sets on the body of
> the
> TR3A rear deck. It is not available that I know of. Is there a good
> substitute
> or alternative that anyone knows of?

Hi Joe,
        The Herald Coupe roof-to-deck seal I sell has been popular for all
sorts of cars with detachable hardtops. If you take a look at the rarebits
homepage http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk and follow the "Extrusions" link
in the lefthand column, you'll find a .pdf file showing cross sections of
some of the seals I have in stock. The list needs updating to reflect new
lines I'm carrying, but the seal you're likely to want is HTS1 at #8.00 per
metre.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

Rarebits4classics