Re: parts cross reference... .com>

To: "Smith, Brian (Inland-Gaylord)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>, "spitfires@autox. team. net (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Owners Digest (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parts cross reference... .com>
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:34:08 -0600
At 04:22 PM 2/4/04, Smith, Brian (Inland-Gaylord) wrote:

>Listers,
>
>A thought occurred to me while I was looking at the Summit catalogue.  Has
>anybody ever looked for parts cross over between our cars and some of the
>high performance goodies available for American iron.  I know this has been
>done by rodders looking for extra options, like running another makes
>connecting rods for a example.  I was looking at the aluminum drag racing
>radiators (all Al, very reasonably priced) and wonder if such a beast would
>work in a Spitfire.  That's the sort of stuff I was thinking about.  Like
>would a set of billet aluminum piston rods work in a TR6?  How about forged
>5 liter ford pistons in a GT-6.  Just thinking aloud.

There are many useful bits in a catalog like Summit or Jegs, if you are
looking for high performance specialty stuff. You can get useful stuff like
fuel pressure gauges and regulators, electric fuel pumps, EGT gauges,
switches, etc. One of my friends has used an aluminum radiator from a Ford
(Mustang perhaps) in his vintage race prepared TR4, and my TR4 has a GM
radiator in it, but you won't find much else in there. You can get specific
forged pistons for a TR engine, as well as Carillo or other steel con rods,
just don't expect them to be off the shelf Chevy or Ford parts.

BTW, I do have a brake light switch from a Honda in my TR6.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 Cf22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL