backing plate finale

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: backing plate finale
From: McRuss <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:12:14 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all who replied.  And to the pundit who asked if leaving the list was
a threat or a promise, you lose.  It was a threat and I promise to stick around
to bug you.......

As for the finale word on where the cylinder (forget the nipple question, I
think the SuperBowl half time show cleared up that question.....) goes in
relation to the clock, I received three different answers but the majority went
with 4:00 or 8:00 depending on the aspect and the side of the car in question.
Part of the problem may be the slightly odd suspension I have, thus the photos
in the manual are not accurate.  My rear suspension is more like a solid axle
4A.  I've decided to install my backing plates with the cyclinders at 10:00 and
2:00.  At least one replier has his at this position and my emergency brake
levers and cables line up best at this postion.

Thanks again and I'll return to lurk mode.

Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
(but a Coloradian forever....)
'02 R1150RT, '98 KLR650, '04 FJR1300, '64 TR4
PITS, MOA, Oilheads, VTR, etc.
MSF Rider Coach
end