the adventure begins

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: the adventure begins
From: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:29:38 -0700
It is a nice day so and I some my non-backordered parts from TRF.  The first
order of business was the brake master cylinder due to the puddle of brake
fluid in the footwell.
I look at it and taking it off seems pretty straight forward, then I cannot
reach some of the nuts.  Then, the line from the resivour to the brake
master will not come off, and I can't get a good angle on it.  After much
messing with it, I come to the conclusion that I have to take the plate the
brake and clutch master cylinders are mounted on off.  I ordered two repair
kits anyway, and while I am pretty sure it is my brake master that needs to
be rebuilt, I might as well not take a chance and should rebuild both.  Now,
I have the bolts off....I can't get it by the wiper motor.  $^!#.  I loosen
the wiper motor and turn it enough to get the mounting plate and cylinders
off.  Now it is off, and I see some light blue paint I thought the car
originally was (it is now red).  The paint is bubbled under the bracket, so
I wipe it off along with a bunch of dirt and what do I see????  Red!  Was my
car originally red, then painted blue, then red again?  Now I HAVE to buy
one of those certificates to see what color my car really was.  Anyway, now
that I have the bracket with both master cylinders and the resivour still
mounted sitting to be started on, is there anything I should watch for or do
while I have it off?

thanks,
Joe
59 TR3A, not quite ready for spring yet.