Help identify rear light

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help identify rear light
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:34:28 EST
I have what appears to be a back up/license plate light off a British car.
Came with a bunch of Triumph parts.  It's a painted cast housing 15" wide, 2"
tall and would project about 2" from the surface of the vehicle. In the center
is a single clear rectangular lens that looks like a back-up light (LUCAS L
595) that projects rearward. Off to each side, mounted on the underside of the
casting are two small clear lenses shielded by chrome covers so that they only
shine back toward the car, I'm guessing these would illuminate a license
plate.  I've tried to do some searches on line to find a vehicle with something
like this on it but most pictures are of the car fronts and sides.  Anybody
have
any idea what this might go on?

Marty