Re: TR4 & 4A convertible material poll

To: spamiam@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 & 4A convertible material poll
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:33:17 EST
Tony,
Hum, very interesting question on the top material.  You know for sure you
see a lot of this type of construction on tonneau covers.  From The TRA judging
Manual:
Fabric:  "The convertible tops, hoodstick covers and tonneau covers fitted to
all TR4 were all manufactured from the same basic material: a crushed grain
vinyl over a natural or tan colored canvas".  I think I would go with that.  I
do have one original white TR4 top.  Unfortunately it is on a TR4 that is
currently locked up in storage right now so I can't check it out. Maybe I will
pay
a visit this weekend.

Bill Dewars, member of the New Jersey Triumph Association and a fellow VTR
judge called last night and he said for sure he as seen canvas on the inside of
TR4A original tops.  He wanted me to let you know.

Cheers,
Darrell