Head lights

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Head lights
From: Frogeye9@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:16:10 EST
Just a couple of thoughts on this subject. Years ago I acquired
an"automatically resetting circuit breaker" This little item clipped in the
same place that
the little glass fuses go except I could not get the fuse box cover back on.
I discovered this when the head lights in a Pontiac shorted out and the lights
went out----back on---went out--etc untill I could get the car slowed down.
Have not seen these in years but, then again, I have not been looking . Another
item is a fuseable link I am running on my Bugeye. It is in the main feed
line ,---just a piece of wire about 5 inches long which is designed to
"blow"-"melt" at a certain amp. This ,of course, shuts down the whole car.   Bob