Re: Car shippers

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car shippers
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:04:39 EST
In a message dated 2/24/04 6:38:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:

<< This isn't a Bugatti, so if he scratches it, I won't be upset.

 Don Malling >>

Shippers generaly don't like non running cars as your car might ride on
several trucks.  I've posted on this subject before, here is a copy of my mail.

Before selecting a transporter read this poor soules epic struggle to ship
his 40's Chrysler at:

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=5896&page=&;
view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

I had a Porsche 914 shipped from CA to PA and used a local carrier. During
the trip it recieved light damage all over, lost it's roof and some hit/broke
the engine bar causing the powertrain to drag on the ground. ~ $ 1,500 damage
that was not there prior to shipment.   This was ~ 8 years ago and am waiting
for the court mandated payment for damage.

Low buck carriers do not make the trip in one shot, your car may ride on 3
different trucks and be loaded/unloaded many times.   Any insurance they tout
are liable to be usless since it pays ~ 20 CENTS A POUND!!!!!

It is better just to pay the money for a name carrier.  Any carrier that uses
A-1, A Aardvark, or some other spelling to be first on the list is best to be
avoided!

Harold