RE: recommendations needed for someone to rebuild TR6 rear hubs

To: <Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: recommendations needed for someone to rebuild TR6 rear hubs
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:07:25 -0500 i1Q3AW8A003035
I highly recommend Scott Howell at High Point Imports. He rebuilt 2 hubs
for me and did an excellent job. Scott used to work for a Triumph
dealership and knows the business very well.
Ph: 336-884-1455
HPImports@webtv.net
Scott had a booth at British Car Days @ Chateau Ilan (near Atlanta) last
May and I had a chance to visit with him. He is a very nice person and
does quality work at reasonable prices.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Hello list.

I asked this a couple of days ago as part of another email, and got some

very helpful information about the hub bearings, but wanted to ping the
list again since I didn't get any vendor recommendations.   I would like

to have my 1976 TR6 rear hubs rebuilt just for good measure since I have

the rear suspension apart anyway.  Can anyone on the list recommend from

personal experience a vendor to do this?  I would also encourage vendors

who do this service to contact me.   My second choice would be to buy
exchange rebuilt hubs if I can't find someone suitable to rebuild mine.
Victoria British has exchange hubs on sale right now for $149 each,
which
seems like a good price, but I don't know anything about who actually
rebuilds their hubs.  If anyone has purchased a VB rebuilt TR6 rear hub,

or knows anything about the quality of the work, please send me an
email.

Thanks, Greg Hutmacher
1976 TR6