MK l 2000 Estates in the USA

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: MK l 2000 Estates in the USA
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:12:55 EST
I have seen a few MK l 2000 estate cars in the US.

The one that I saw many times was owned by Mullins Skov, a US  Triumph
Factory Tech person based in the Brisbane, California depot / service school.

The same depot came up with a number of 2000 only parts that I used to keep
my Mom's
 1967 MK l 2000 "SEM" saloon alive from new till a fellow race teammate
purchased it a few years ago.

They are great cars, and it is a pity that US marketing efforts did not work
out well.

I did use the 2000 as a race support vehicle a time or two for our TR3 race
car, and considered finding an estate version for a tow vehicle.

  I must admit that my 67 E Type was great towing the TR3 up the many
mountain passes between tracks in this part of the world; the less said about
the
safety of the descent, the better! This was not because of lack of retardation
from the motor or Jaguar brakes.

  Hardy Prentice      TS 10646 L, etc.