TR-6 Rear Hub

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Rear Hub
From: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:02:15 -0500
      I'm in to rebuilding my own rear hubs. Before I admit defeat,I'd like to
pose a few
questions. Can anyone explain how rear end float is assessed according to the
Bentley
manual on page 390. What are they actually determining by gripping the wheel
and rocking it
inwards and outwards. How are they measuring end float this way?. By the way,
both hubs are
apart, with flanges intact with the aid of a Churchhill replica I bought a few
years back.
                                     Thanks,
                                     Dennis (Massachusetts)