Re: Spitfire book on eBay

To: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire book on eBay
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:38:09 +0100 (CET)
Cc: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim Holmgren said:
> Any list-ers care to comment on this book?  I'm considering adding it to
> my library, would like to know if anyone has a copy and what you think
> of it.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6762&i
tem=2461797206

I think it's a pretty good book. It's done in typical Practical Classics
style: pick a completely rotten car and restore it to presentable
condition. Along the way, the reader learns about restoration and major
maintenance aspects of the car.
The book has 98 pages, mostly color pictures, good explanations. Pretty
useful for doing major jobs yourself, like engine or gearbox rebuilding
and suspension overhaul.
'Practical Classics' is a best selling British magazine, which still comes
printed on dead trees. It's among my favourite bedsite literature.

<shameless plug>
See also http://www.triumphspitfire.nl/books.html
</shameless plug>

Eric