Re: Tire poll

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire poll
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:18:38 -0500
Ashford, I guess I'm curious why you want 16" vs. 15". On my 4A I went with
the 6" wide x 15" Panasports and 205/60 R15 Bridgestone RE71 Potenza's and
could not be happier. Of course I replaced some old 165 - 15 Michelins on
wire wheels so it didn't take much to improve things.

The tires are very close to original rolling circumference. With your
original tires being 185's you'd need to consult with the Tire Rack and see
what they say about a comparable size in a 60 series tire. For what it's
worth the Tire Rack was excellent to deal with. Using the 60 series tires
allows you more performance choices too. Bridgestone doesn't make my
particular tire anymore so I've been told, haven't checked myself. I believe
the ride is improved and certainly the vibrations are pretty much all gone
too. I love the improvement in cornering too. It's funny how you get used to
something and don't realize it till it's gone. True of many things in life I
suppose.
JVV