Re: A few unrelated Triumph Questions

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A few unrelated Triumph Questions
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:42:37 -0000
Hi Todd
1:
The 1500 box and 1850 box are different, they use a different input shaft
and a different bell housing, rest of the box is the same possibly with the
exception of the ratio's for 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, the speedo drive may be
a different no of start on the spiral and a different no of teeth on the
pinion.  The overdrive units are possibly fitted with different springs and
relief valves otherwise they are the same.
If you want to know ratios and speedo drive and springs and valves I will
look them up later for you.

2:
No idea!

3:
Not sure about gotchas, but one real benefit is you could safely put the
2500 torque through this box without eating gearboxes like they are going
out of fashion! I think the clutch actuation could be solved using the
Dolomite Sprint arm and cylinder bracket, it mounts tight in on to the
gearbox and has the lever pointing upwards instead of mounting on the engine
with the lever pointing down.

Graham.