Re: TR IRS diff mount reinforcing

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR IRS diff mount reinforcing
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:24:20 -0000
Hi Mark
I don't own a TR4-6 (yet, I do aspire to own a 5 some day!) but if I did I'm
sure this description would be very useful.
Thanks for all the work you do for this car community.
I would think one of the things you were going to look up is 18 swg, or
0.048 inch or 1.2MM for our metric friends, I would think this would be a
suitable gauge for the reinforcement plate, somewhere near the thickness of
the original frame, it could probably be done with 20 swg, one gauge thinner
1.0MM
Others who have researched this may know different!

Graham.