RE: TR-3 spring difficulty

To: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>, "Chad Jester" <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-3 spring difficulty
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:33:51 -0600
Fellow Listers:

I stand corrected on the location of the extra leaf.  Joe Alexander and
Scott Suhring have both informed me that the leaf is on the passenger side
and is, in fact, a spacer that lowers the passenger side slightly.  Thus,
when the driver's side spring is compressed more than the passenger side
spring, when only the driver is occupying the car, the car tends to sit
level.  I was always under the impression that the extra leaf made the
driver's side a little stiffer, but this, in retrospect, doesn't make any
sense at all.  I have never had the occasion to remove the rear springs, so
I never actually looked.  This will change as I get back to the body-off
restoration later this year...

See, even at 54 and with 36 years of working on LBCs under my belt, I can
still learn something new!  I love this list.

Michael Marr
Naperville, IL
1960 TR3A