Re: Whadaya think

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whadaya think
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:26:00 -0800
> So I had a brainstorm.  The fuel outlet in my tank has a direct line of
> sight with the filler cap.  So I have epoxied a cork to the end of a
> dowell rod.  I plan to plug the fuel outlet in the tank from the inside
> and then remove the lines and replace them.  Then I will pull the dowell
> rod and the cork will unplug from the fuel outlet.
>
> Sounds like a good plan, huh.  Whadaya think?  Thanks.
> --
> Best Regards,
> Tom

Very clever idea. What size cork are you using? While you are replumbing,
did you consider putting a cutoff valve at the bottum of the tank? Would
make it easier for any future maintenance needs. You may have to go to a
race shop to find one. I've used valves from Orchard Supply, but it's hard
to find the right one and your set up probably is more sensitive to flow
restrictions than a "standard" TR3.

BTW, thanks for sharing your pictures, I enjoyed seeing them

Bob