Re: drive shaft vibrations and ujoints TR250 TR6

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: drive shaft vibrations and ujoints TR250 TR6
From: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:31:31 -0500
Cc: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Don,

I just had my driveshaft dynamically spun
balanced. If you rotate the yokes 180deg, you
may need to re-balanced the driveshaft - this was
confirmed by my driveshaft shop. This may
be the imbalance concerns that your mechanic
is referring to. Certainly, 180deg rotation
will not effect the inherent non-constant
velocity characteristics of a u-joint.

Dave Brady
68 TR250 CD8124L