> 1) Car quit suddenly - just like the time the white wire came off
> the coil,
> and like the time the rotor went bad.
> 2) Checked for a spark with the HT lead on the coil (leads to the dizzy) -
> Nice healthy spark between coil and wire
> 3) There is no spark at the plugs.
> 4) Using a pertronix electric ignition (maybe I should go to points)
IMO you're looking at another rotor failure. It's still a high enough
resistance that if you open a spark gap, the voltage will build high enough
to fire the plugs, but without the gap, the voltage gets bled off through
the carbon track inside the rotor first.
I'd further guess that you've got a bad plug wire or connector, or just
possibly a bad plug itself. It's letting the voltage rise too high before
the plug fires, and the repeated stress is eventually breaking down the
material in the rotor. Switching to points might well solve the problem ...
because they won't produce so much voltage and hence you'll know you've got
a bad wire <g>