RE: Zeibart was new TR 6 http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: lherault@bu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Zeibart was new TR 6 http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:45:11 -0600
>Yes, Zeibart was an aftermarket though often by-the-dealer-applied rust
>proofing (if memory serves).  Another from that period was Rusty Jones.

My Dad got Rusty Jones on his 1986 Suburban when it was new.  It rusted out
just like the rest of them around here.  I sold what was left of it for 600
bucks last fall.  Some of you kind folks saw the hulk at VTR conventions in
1998 and 2002.

With all due respect to Rusty Jones, the GM paint was probably responsible for
most of the rust, but there were places that the rust treatment should have
helped.

Phil Ethier