Re: My 'New' '73 TR6

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My 'New' '73 TR6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:00:55 -0000
Hi Adam
The PI stands for Petrol Injection, it is a brilliant system once all the
manufactured in problems are sorted. It is not the unreliable junk most
people quote it as being. I have a daily driver PI saloon that covers 10,000
miles ish per year and the only problem I have had with the injection was an
injector that I had re set that fell apart.
It is unfortunate that you did not officially get PI cars over there because
of some chap..... Ralph was it?
This system is a metered shot outside each valve just like modern EFI but
without the E! all done mechanically, it provides more torque and more power
than hundreds of pounds (dollars) worth of internal engine mods and bolts
on!

Ziebart is the underbody treatment, often done at the dealers, or somewhere
local for the dealer. Just another thing to hide rust!

Graham.