Re: pressure differential warning actuator

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pressure differential warning actuator
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:31:26 -0500
On 29 Mar 2004 at 16:19, Dave Massey wrote:
> ...you can do what many folks do:
> pull the wire off of the switch.  Bear
> in mind that if you do this you should pay
> attention to your brake fluid level

Make that "brake fluif level" please. :-)

Jernigan,

Similarly, pay close attention to the engine oil level.  I don't
recall how my '80 Spitfire is wired originally, but on my '70 GT6
(not that far off from your Spitfire) if I pull the wire off the PDWA
my oil pressure light no longer works too.  (It's wired so that low
oil pressure will make the bright red brake light come on too, but
what the hey, if they were that worried about someone not seeing the
little green oil light, why not just put in a bright red one instead
of binding two functionalities together!  Anyway, ages ago I put a
VDO oil pressure guage [note the correct incorrect spelling] with a
VDO sender that would actuate both the guage and the light.  But then
too, the later Spitfires had a handbrake actuator for the brake
light, something which the GT6 doesn't seem to have.  So your and my
wiring may be different.)

Be aware that the PDWA isn't all that difficult to dis-assemble.  And
re-assemble too!  Not nearly as much trouble a re-bleeding the brakes
when you're done.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com