RE: Relays

To: "'T. S. White'" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Relays
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:49:25 -0700
Tom,
Find out what kind of current drain the fuel pump draws and get a
universal 12 volt relay that has at least the capability of handling
twice that load.

It would be best to find one that has 4 terminals (2 control terminals
for wiring it to the switch and 2 contact terminals that connect the
fuel pump between the battery voltage and ground when the relay is
energized).  That way, both segments are isolated and you won't have any
trouble trying to figure out how to wire it up.

It can be connected to the ignition switch or to a separate on/off
toggle switch.

Joe